as of January 2021
Any individual who withdraws from play is not eligible to win. An existing blind whose handicap most closely matches that of the departing player, regardless of flight, will be assigned to the team for the holes not played by the original player. The remaining team members, as well as the blind member are eligible to win. A blind will be paid at the highest rate but only once.
LWGA made a decision in 2012 to retain an $8,000 annual reserve to cover our first quarter expenses since our membership fees are not collected and given to us by the Landings Club until March. We also placed $2,000 in cash reserves to cover website outsourcing, if ever needed.
Cancellation Policy & Notice of Tuesday Playday
Cancellation of an LWGA playdate will be issued via an e-blast from firstname.lastname@example.org to all members and the Pro Shop staff. In most cases the decision is made by 7:00 AM on the day of play. The policy is : if 25 % of the field cancels-change the game to individual Progs; if 50% of the field cancels due to weather, the game is canceled
Cancellation by Member for Registered Play
- Starting in January 2021. Until noon on the Thursday before play, edit your registration on Golf Genius
- After pairings are posted, before playdate, or on the morning of play, you may cancel via the Cancel Published Playdate Quick Links menu on the LWGA.net. Please also notify your team captain.
- If play is canceled, notice will be given via an e-blast from email@example.com. Notice will also be posted on the rain line at 598-3450.
Code of Conduct
In supporting our LWGA mission statement, each member is expected to conduct herself in a manner that fosters good sportsmanship, good fellowship, and respect for individual dignity. Inappropriate conduct should be brought to the attention any member of the Executive Committee which may take disciplinary action.
- The Emeritus Membership is available to women who have been members of LWGA for a minimum of 10 years and whose Club membership level has changed.
- A Landings Club membership must be maintained that includes clubhouse privileges.
- Emeritus members may attend the general luncheons and meetings each year and will be responsible for any charges associated with those events.
- In addition, an Emeritus member may play as the guest of an active member one Tuesday a year, excluding major LWGA tournaments.
Member Meeting & Luncheon
Signing up for a General Meeting/Luncheon no longer automatically includes the luncheon. A luncheon signup form is posted on Lwga.net. Cancellations for the luncheon must be received by the preceding Friday, 4 PM, in order not to be billed.
LWGA will use Golf Genius for scoring on Tuesday play days and all tournaments. All LWGA members are encouraged to become familiar with the app. The Golf Genius Chair will train pairings volunteers to use Golf Genius to manage cancellations, waitlisted players, blinds and tee box selections prior to Tuesday play.
The scoring volunteers will review the leaderboard for any last minute cancellations and assign post-round blinds as needed. Once scores are finalized, the leaderboard report will be available under LWGA Events.
LWGA Members may bring a visiting friend or family member as a guest on usual LWGA Tuesday playdates only. Accommodations will also be made for visiting prospective members on the Discovery package or as a guest of a current member. Any such guest must have a USGA handicap of 32.9 or less. Arrangements must be made with the TLC Tournament coordinator. The greens fee will be paid for by the guest or member. The guest’s score will not count in the game, a blind will be assigned.
Job descriptions were updated and standardized. Each Board member will be asked to carefully review the description for their position near the end of the year . Any suggested changes will be reviewed by the incoming President and Vice President for inclusion in the official document.
Job Descriptions are maintained in a Job Description Document which is separate from the By-laws.
Maximum Number of Players on a ‘One Course’ Play Day
There will be a maximum of 104 players on a day when one course is open for LWGA. Members may add their name to the waitlist from the Quick Links menu on LWGA.net.
Annual Membership Dues
Annual dues are $50 which includes $5 for the Hole-In-One fee. Dues are billed to your account in December, payable by January 25th and must be current to be eligible to play. Members joining after June 30th will pay $30, which includes $5 for the Hole-In-One fee.
Membership resignation must be received, in writing, by the current Membership Chair, prior to January 25th to receive a refund.
Membership Dues for late join
When/if a Landings Club member wishes to join/play with the LWGA in December, she may choose to either pay half year dues (July 1-December 31) and be eligible for winning points/hole in one payment or waive the half year dues fee and forfeit eligibility for winning points/hole in one payment.
Dues for the subsequent year (January 1-December 31) would be billed by The Club according to the normal cycle.
Most Improved Golfer Award
- Based on percentage change in index from January 1st to November 15th (USGA formula).
- Must compete and post 12 times in Tuesday LWGA events
Pairings-Assigning Members from the Wait List
When players are assigned from the wait list , the pairings’ volunteers will attempt to place players within 3 strokes of the player being replaced. After this step, they may place wait listed members anywhere there is an opening, as close to their index as possible. A phone call should be made to the wait-listed member to see if they are amenable to playing in a different flight. The ultimate goal will be to place as many players from the wait list as possible, regardless of index.
Play Date Analysis
The Statistics Chair is responsible for capturing play day data. to determine member participation, tournament flight participation, the percentage of inactive members, and handicap categories.
Payouts are determined during the budgeting process. The Payout schedule can be adjusted during the year in the event the number of original play day changes. Current Playday payout information is posted on LWGA.net under Golf/Reports/Current Payout Schedule
Playday Payout for # of teams in a flight.
Please refer to the current Payout Schedule. It can be found under Resources/Payout Schedule.
Prizes, Awards & Recognitions
Hole-in-One on Landings Courses Only
As of 4/28/2021, the LWGA will provide a $100 gift card for a Hole in One by an LWGA member. Members are entitled to only one Hole in One award each year. This policy is reviewed each fall and may be adjusted as necessary. Eligibility for the LWGA “Hole-in-One” gift requires:
- Complete 18 holes of play in at least a twosome from any of the club sanctioned tees on any day.
- Notify the Pro Shop at the completion of the round.
- Submission of the Hole in One Notification form on LWGA.net.
Break Pins on Landings Courses Only
- A Member’s first score below 80, 90 or 100 from the Skidaway or Island or Course Named tees or Par or Better may be reported to the Tournament Chair or on LWGA.net via the Score Breaking Notification form.
- Recognition will be made at the next General Meeting/Luncheon.
- Player must “hole out” every putt.
Points for Weekly Play
- Points earned are credited monthly. A Payout Schedule is posted on LWGA.net.
- Team play generally pays based upon the number of teams in a flight.
Most Improved Golfer
- Based on percentage change in index from January 1st to November 15th (USGA formula).
- Must compete and post 12 times in Tuesday LWGA events.
When publicizing information in the TWATL, our Publicity Chair should not disclose personal contact information (email address & phone number) without express permission of that individual.
Rules for Tuesday Play
- USGA and local rules govern all play.
- Scores that count must be holed out.
- Each team will keep score on Golf Genius. Golf Genius has been programmed to break all ties per USGA Rules.
- Rules and questions that arise during play should be resolved by the Golf Professional Staff PRIOR to submitting of scorecards.
- LWGA players may play from the Course, Island/Shorts or Skidaway tees if offered.
- In the event that inclement weather results in the cancellation of 25% or more of the posted field, the game of the day will default to individual PROGS. If 50% of the field cancels, then Tuesday play is canceled. However, members may still play golf if the course remains open.
- Withdrawing from Play: Any individual who withdraws from play is not eligible to win. The remaining team members are eligible to win. The score of the player leaving can count for the holes she played. The scorecard should show a line through the un-played holes. The remaining players will receive a blind, of similar handicap, to complete the un-played holes. If the team wins, only the original team members who finish the 18 holes will be awarded points.
- Missed Tee Time: In the event a player is unable to start on time, they may, with permission of the Tournament Chair, play the remaining holes but her score will not count for her team. A blind will be assigned for the 18 holes.
Beginning in January 2021, Golf Genius will automatically post all scores from Tuesday play to GHIN. If for some reason, Golf Genius can’t post the score, players will be notified and must post their score by 4pm Thursday following play to be eligible for points.
Skidaway Tee & Tournament Play
- Members who wish to play from the Skidaway tees in major tournaments need to have posted at least 50% of their last 20 scores from those tees.
- If the format is a scramble, those typically playing from the Skidaway Tees may play from the Skidaway Tees.
Tees – LWGA Appropriate Tees
The plays from which we play are: Course Named, Island/Shorts, Skidaway.
Three years of past tournament information on a thumb drive which can be passed to the new tournament chairs each year.
Walkers are welcome to play on any Tuesday playday.
LWGA Website and Tournament Publicity
- “Ads for all LWGA Tournaments will be posted under LWGA EVENTS and may be also be posted on our official website, LWGA.net. In addition, the following may also be included on LWGA.net: Women’s Club-sponsored Tournaments, such as, The Ladies’ Senior Club Championship, the Ladies’ Club Championship, and the Moon River Classic. Any non-LWGA tournaments advertised must have an LWGA contact person.